To view this item online, visit http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?pageId=112098
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Impeachment suggested to remove 'threats' to America
'Make no mistake. We're now in the middle of a bloodless coup'
1:00 am Eastern
By Bob Unruh
A political activist who was behind the famous Willie Horton advertisement that left Gov. Michael Dukakis' candidacy for president floundering and was among the first to sound the alarm on the need for Bill Clinton's impeachment says the United States is collapsing around its citizens right now, but there is a defense.
"Make no mistake. We're now in the middle of a bloodless coup – the takeover of an entire nation by the hate-America crowd – a cold-blooded gang that despises America's prosperity, our standing in the world, our trust in God and our generosity and goodness," says political activist Floyd Brown in a post on the new Impeach Obama Campaign website.
His suggested defense is nothing more or less than a strike at the emperor, plans which are detailed on the website.
"Like so many on the far-left before him, going all the way back to Karl Marx, he [Obama] believes that it's his mission to promote 'equality of outcome' over 'equality of opportunity' even if Americans must learn to live in chains to make it happen," Brown said. "That worldview makes Barack Hussein Obama a very dangerous man and one of the greatest threats to your personal liberty today."
Brown said that view also explains why Obama "has already gobbled-up major banks and why the government now controls more and more of our money – yours and mine. And if you wake up one day to discover you're broke, don't be surprised. Barack Hussein Obama is Bernie Madoff with the political power of the presidency at his disposal."
(Story continues below)
"That dangerous worldview explains why his attorney general, Eric Holder, despises the 2nd Amendment… And that dangerous worldview explains why Obama intends to take away your freedom to choose your own doctor …. Your own treatment," he said.
Brown said the only one solution to the problem he described as a "monomaniac."
"Article I, Section 4 of the Constitution reads: 'The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.'"
Brown told WND that first and foremost, "people need to believe that it's possible."
He recalls the campaign to impeach Bill Clinton was begun back in the 1990s when Congress was controlled by the Democrat Party and there was virtually no obvious support for the concept.
"But we were patient and we kept at it, and he was impeached," he said.
"We believe he [Obama] is not qualified to be president, he should have never been allowed to be president, and [impeachment] is the best process for resolving this situation," he said.
Brown said most people remember him for being behind the Horton ad, which highlighted the subsequent crimes of a felon released from prison under Dukakis' watch. He also was among the first to sound the alarm on the Clinton Whitewater scandal as well as the mysterious circumstances of the apparent suicide of White House Counsel Vince Foster.
In a WorldNetDaily column, Floyd and Mary Beth Brown write that the idea already is mushrooming among conservatives, such as those in the discussions on the Expose Obama website where Floyd Brown is a moderator.
"Radio-personality, Tammy Bruce may have captured these activists beliefs about Obama best: '... ultimately, it comes down to... the fact that he seems to have, it seems to me, some malevolence toward this country, which is unabated,'" she said, according to the Browns.
They argue Obama already is guilty of the "high crimes and misdemeanors" for which the U.S. Constitution provides impeachment as a penalty.
"Our Founding Fathers fully intended to allow for the removal of the president for actions which include: gross incompetence, negligence, and distasteful behavior," they wrote.
According to the Impeach Obama Campaign, Obama already has:
- Lied to the American people when he said people could keep private insurance, knowing full well that his legislation would inevitably drive private insurers out of business.
- Vindictively fired Inspector General Gerald Walpin, who investigated Kevin Johnson, a buddy of the president, for misuse of funds from an AmeriCorps grant.
- Supervised the effective takeover by government of banks, the largest insurance company (AIG), and General Motors (GM) and Chrysler... the bulk of the U.S. auto industry, thus depriving bondholders, shareholders, and others of their property.
- Pursued cap-and-trade legislation. It would in a manner of speaking tax the very air people exhale and give the government unprecedented control over the economy and American businesses.
- Added a trillion dollars to the national debt in just a handful of weeks.
- Appointed "Czars" to oversee everything from the closing of Guantanamo to the nation's food.
- And finally, Obama has consistently refused to approve the release of his actual birth certificate, college transcripts and his medical records.
Since impeachment proceedings are handled by no one but Congress, Brown writes that it is important now for people to realize the impact of their votes in 2010, because that will determine the makeup of Congress, and very probably whether any impeachment against Obama could proceed.
Brown cited a key opinion from former President Gerald Ford, who while serving in the House of Representatives, said an impeachable offense was, "whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at a given moment in history."
"Impeachment, as written in the Constitution, was tailor-made for Barack Hussein Obama and our Founders placed it in our Constitution for such a time as this," Brown said.
Brown cited his concerns over Obama's attitudes and behaviors, including:
- When Obama said America is not a Christian nation.
- When, in his book, Obama wrote of Muslims, "I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."
- When the White House insisted the name of Jesus be covered before Obama could speak at Georgetown University.
- When in 2009 Obama said, "You might say that America is a Muslim nation."
- When he treated the Queen of England with casual familiarity, but bowed to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, where Muslims won't permit Christian worship under penalty of death.
WND has reported on dozens of legal challenges to Obama's status as a "natural born citizen." The Constitution, Article 2, Section 1, states, "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President."
Some of the lawsuits question whether he was actually born in Hawaii, as he insists. If he was born out of the country, Obama's American mother, the suits contend, was too young at the time of his birth to confer American citizenship to her son under the law at the time.
Other challenges have focused on Obama's citizenship through his father, a Kenyan subject to the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom at the time of his birth, thus making him a dual citizen. The cases contend the framers of the Constitution excluded dual citizens from qualifying as natural born.
Complicating the situation is Obama's decision to spend sums probably exceeding $1 million to avoid releasing an original long-form state birth certificate that would put to rest the questions.
WND also has reported that among the documentation not yet available for Obama includes his kindergarten records, Punahou school records, Occidental College records, Columbia University records, Columbia thesis, Harvard Law School records, Harvard Law Review articles, scholarly articles from the University of Chicago, passport, medical records, files from his years as an Illinois state senator, his Illinois State Bar Association records, any baptism records and his adoption records.