Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Buying My Supplies - what to buy and where

I have decided to dedicate this commentary to tell you where I buy most of my supplies and the truth about existing quality.

I generally use this blogger for political commentary but not today as I think its about time you start to understand that the quality "SMITHS" that I knew in general are mostly in cemetaries or in nursing homes. I keep being asked who can I go to for things other than what I still do, MY ANSWER IS NO ONE THAT I CAN RECOMMEND.

I buy my Milt Spark Holsters from http://www.lightningarms.com
This company is owned by Craig and Audrey Chadwick. There courtesy and service is by far second to none. I would no longer ever buy another holster without checking with them first. Its been a real pleasure to buy from them and I do not have one negative complaint, they are super. Their phone number is 503 643 8198

I buy most all of my parts from Brownells and have been for at least 40 years and I am probably one of there oldest customers. Its an excellent company to buy from. There phone number is 800 741 0015. If you want to visit their website go to http://www.brownells.com

I have been buying music wire springs from the W.C. Wolff spring company for so many years its unreal. They continue to make excellent music wire springs and the company is owned and run by Walter Wolff who is the son of the original Wolff Spring Company.

I have no reservations about spending more money for premium Chrome Silicon wire springs, they hold up better and its not that easy to manufacture as compared to music wire and it cost more. People like me are willing to pay the price to buy anything that is superior. For more information about these springs call Marc at 800 773 1940. go to http://www.ismi-gunsprings.com

I do not buy many handguns at this time but my choice for reliability and to just tell you what I like is straight forward and no BS. If you want a semi auto pistol of any size for protection of life and property, I would only buy a Glock handgun. I have another favorite which is the HK P7 M8 but it is no longer in production.

If you want a small 5 shot revolver there is but one choice at this point in time that is in current production and that is the Ruger SP 101. If you want a larger revolver I can only recommend the Ruger GP 100. The rest of the revolvers sold today are a mere shadow of the older ones. There is no going into detail now to explain what I do not like about the other brands, because in my opinion they are all POOR AT BEST.

I still like the NAA mini revolvers and I still carry mine, I would have no reservations about buying any one of them. I like the 22 magnum caliber and whether you choose the mini or the Black Widow its just personal choice.

THERE ARE "NO" tiny small pocket semi auto's that I would buy, except for the Glock 26, 27, 33... "IT IS WHAT IT IS" I can not change reality, when these mouse guns have no ejector and are not reliable I can not ever consider owning one. In a social encounter we will have but only one chance to see who gets a "TOE TAG" and I want the advantage in making that decision, its that simple.

I buy many things from other industries but these items would not interest most of you so I will let this go by for now.

Many supplies have dried up at the wholesalers and there is no clear explanation as to why.

My lubrication will remain with "MILITEC"... All these years I have never found anything better and the people that own the company are superb. go to http://www.militec-1.com
Call Russ at 877 222 5512

The best Tactical knives I like are Cold Steel and Benchmade, of course there are other good knives like CRKT and Spyderco and SOG. But if you want SHARP KNIVES go to http://www.coldsteel.com
Send for their free DVD that proves these knives capability.

I hope I have helped you in this very condensed version of what I like and Why. I have not gone into super detail because my typing is very limited.

Mr. Stephen Camp and I will be starting our 6th PROJECT STREET GUN CLASS VERY SOON. go to http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com
Read Steves excellent articles and his books are something you should all have, they are available through his website.


Thankyou,

Teddy
http://www.actionsbyt.com

281 565 6977

tjacobson@houston.rr.com

Blog Archive